We are a Federation of Fly Fishers affiliate fly fishing club, located in Redding, CA. The club is dedicated to the art and science of fly fishing. We work toward preservation of the Northstate’s world class fisheries and watersheds by participating in habitat restoration projects with the DFG, Nature Conservancy’s McCloud River Preserve, the Federation of Fly Fishers and other river keeper organizations. Shasta-Trinity Fly Fishers provide our members, and the local community, the opportunity to learn and improve their fly fishing skills by providing educational opportunities, regular fly fishing outings, and opportunites to develop friendships among other passionate fly fishers.
At their July 11th National Conclave in Spokane Washington, the Federation of Fly Fishers named the Shasta Trinity Fly Fishers, Inc. as the recipient of the prestigious McKenzie Cup Award for 2012. This award is given to the club who has made the most outstanding contribution to the Federation of Fly Fishers. See the award page for details.
Shasta-Trinity Fly Fishers' Mission Statement
- To advance, promote and teach the art and science of fly fishing through education, stessing the techniques and ethics of fly fishing and "catch and release".
- To promote the conservation of jpublic recreational resources and the protection and preseervation of wild, fresh, saltwater, and migratory game fish, in streams and lakes.
- To monitor local waters bringing attention to the public and governmental agencies, those issues which threaten the conservation and protection of fresh and saltwater fishes and migratory game fish.
- To encourage and practice high standards of sportsmanship associated with fly fishing.
- To support fly fishers' interests in assuring that suitable portions of public waters be reserved for angling with artificial flies only.
- To encourage family and youth participation in activities of the club, and to provide instruction in all phases of fly fishing for youth and adults.
- To actively participate in supporting those organizations which are consistent with the objectives of the club.
Raising funds for a clubhouse
With the co-operation of the City of Redding, the Shasta-Trinity Fly Fishers has engaged in a project to fund the construction of a clubhouse to be located on Clover Creek Preserve in Redding. Aimed at meeting the needs of the club well into the future, the clubhouse will provide sufficient space(over 3000 Sq ft) to present a whole range of programs to members and the public. Please see the Clubhouse Fundraiser page for more information and how you can help.
Our regular monthly meetings are usually held the second Wednesday of the month in the Park Marina Events Center located at 1800 Park Marina Drive. The meetings are open to the public and the doors open at 6:00 PM. Meeting business and the evenings presentation begins at 6:30 PM. The meetings include updates on what’s going on locally, fishing reports and lies. "The Shasta Caster”, contains event schedules, fishing reports and contact information.
March Monthly Meeting Information
Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 6:00 PM